Statute Of Limitations (In Years)
- Open Acct.: 3 Last charge or payment Written Contract: 5
- Domestic Judgment: 20
- Foreign Judgment: 10
- Sales of goods under article 2 is 4 years
The information on this page is meant to provide a general overview of the law. The laws in your state and/or city may deviate significantly from those described here. If you have specific questions related to your situation you should speak with a local attorney.
Additional Creditors Rights Articles
- Collection Agency Bond & License
- When Is A Wage Garnishment Used?
- Where Does A Garnishment Come From?
- What Is Credit Practices Rules?