What Are Collection Agencies Not Allowed To Do?
- Call debtors office,
- Call debtors home before 8 a.m. or after 9 p.m.,
- Address the debtor in an abusive manner, or
- Call family or friends in an attempt to collect the debt.
The information on this page is meant to provide a general overview of the law. The laws in your state and/or city may deviate significantly from those described here. If you have specific questions related to your situation you should speak with a local attorney.
Additional Creditors Rights Articles
- Can A Collection Agency Help Creditors?
- May A Creditor Contact Any Person Other Than The Debtor?
- What Is The Creditor Required To Tell The Debtor About The Debt?
- May A Creditor Continue To Contact The Debtor, If The Debtor Believes They Do Not Owe Money?