Can A Foreign Judgment Be Used In Minnesota?

Minnesota has adopted the Uniform Enforcement of Foreign Judgments Act. Therefore, any foreign judgment can be entered in Minnesota by filing either a certified or exemplified copy of the foreign judgment with the District Court in Minnesota.

The information on this page is meant to provide a general overview of the law. The laws in your state and/or city may deviate significantly from those described here. If you have specific questions related to your situation you should speak with a local attorney.

Additional Creditors Rights Articles

Search LawInfo's Creditors Rights Resources