What Is The Maximum Amount That May Be Withheld From An Employee's Pay Pursuant To One Or More Garnishment Orders?
- 25% of the employee's weekly disposable earnings; or
- The amount by which the employee's weekly disposable earnings exceed 30 times the federal minimum wage (30 x $5.15 = $154.50).
The information on this page is meant to provide a general overview of the law. The laws in your state and/or city may deviate significantly from those described here. If you have specific questions related to your situation you should speak with a local attorney.
Additional Creditors Rights Articles
- What Are The Credit Consequences Of Voluntary Repossession?
- What is the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA)?
- Can An Employer Deduct Wages Towards A Judgment For The Creditor?