What Happens If The Debtor Says There's A Mistake In The Bill?
- A phone call is not enough. Writing a note on the back part of the bill sent to the creditor is not enough.
- There is a form to help the debtor decide what to put in their letter. Remember that they must pay any part of the bill that is correct.
The information on this page is meant to provide a general overview of the law. The laws in your state and/or city may deviate significantly from those described here. If you have specific questions related to your situation you should speak with a local attorney.
Additional Creditors Rights Articles
- What Happens After The Debtor Sends The Letter?
- Whom May A Creditor Contact About A Debt?
- Can A Creditor Be Stopped From Contacting The Debtor?