What Are Creditors Not Allowed To Do?
- Call your office
- Call your home before 8 a.m. or after 9 p.m.
- Address you in an abusive manner
- Call family or friends in an attempt to collect a debt
- Harass you
- Make false or misleading statements; or
- Add unauthorized charges.
The information on this page is meant to provide a general overview of the law. The laws in your state and/or city may deviate significantly from those described here. If you have specific questions related to your situation you should speak with a local attorney.
Additional Creditors Rights Articles
- What Kind Of Debt Can Be "Collected"?
- What Happens If The Creditor Breaks The Law?
- Who Can The Creditor Contact To Get Information?
- What Information Is The Creditor Required To Reveal To The Debtor?