I Think I Have A Lemon. What Should I Do?

You should first attempt to resolve the issue with the manufacturer. You may choose to contact the manufacturer through the dealer from whom you purchased the car, or you may prefer to contact the manufacturer directly.

If this is not successful, you may want to consult with a lawyer. If you call the West Virginia Consumer Protection Division at 1­800­368­8808 (in state), you can get a list of lawyers who routinely handle lemon law cases. Often the manufacturer or dealer will suggest that you submit your claim to arbitration. In West Virginia you do not have to arbitrate your claim before filing a lawsuit.

The information on this page is meant to provide a general overview of the law. The laws in your state and/or city may deviate significantly from those described here. If you have specific questions related to your situation you should speak with a local attorney.

Additional Lemon Law Articles

Search LawInfo's Lemon Law Resources