What Records Do I Need For Arbitration?
Each time you take your vehicle to a dealership for warranty services, you have the right to receive a fully itemized and legible repair order or written statement from the dealer. Among other requirements, the repair order or statement must identify the problem(s) you are experiencing with your vehicle, diagnosis, work done, the in and out mileage on the vehicle, and the dates the vehicle was in the repair shop.
You are entitled to receive a copy of any report or computer reading regarding inspection, diagnosis, or testdrive of your vehicle from the dealer or manufacturer upon request. In addition, you are entitled to copies of any technical service bulletins regarding the year, make and model of your vehicle. Technical service bulletins are sent to service departments by the manufacturer. Service bulletins describe particular problems which are occurring in certain vehicles and how to diagnose and repair them.
Speak to an Experienced Lemon Law Attorney Today
This article is intended to be helpful and informative. But even common legal matters can become complex and stressful. A qualified lemon lawyer can address your particular legal needs, explain the law, and represent you in court. Take the first step now and contact a local lemon attorney to discuss your specific legal situation.
Additional Lemon Law Articles
- What Is The Lemon Law?
- What Vehicles Are Covered Under The Lemon Law?
- What Vehicles Are Not Covered Under Lemon Law?
- What Is A Lemon?
- What Is The Warranty Period?
- I Have A Lemon. What Should I Do?
- What Information Needs To Be Included On The Request For Arbitration Form?
- What Is An Arbitration Hearing?
- Scheduling An Arbitration Hearing
- Who Will Attend The Arbitration Hearing?
- What Must I Prove At The Arbitration Hearing?
- How Can I Get Missing Documents?
- Do I Need An Attorney?
- What Happens After I Request An Arbitration Hearing?
- What Is The Manufacturer's Statement?
- What Is The Manufacturer's Right To View The Vehicle?
- What If My Claim Is Resolved Before The Hearing?
- When Does The Arbitration Decision Take Place?
- Replacement Or Repurchase?
- What If I Am Awarded A Replacement?
- What If I Am Awarded A Repurchase?
- What Is An Offset For Use?
- What Is Compliance And What Am I Required To Do When Returning The Vehicle?
- Where Can I Get More Information About The Lemon Law And Obtain Request For Arbitration Forms?
- Where Can I Get Lemon Law Arbitration Videos And Tapes?