What Is The Lemon Law?
There will be no charge for the arbitration process. At the hearing, the arbitrator will decide whether a consumer`s claim meets the requirements under the law.
A special note about motor homes
If your vehicle is a motor home originally purchased or leased after June 30, 1998 there are different requirements under the law that are described below. If you have a motor home that was originally purchased or leased at retail on or prior to June 30, 1998 this information describes the standards and procedures which apply to your vehicle.
The Washington State Motor Vehicle Lemon Law is designed to help new vehicle owners who have substantial continuing problems with warranty repairs. The law allows the owner to request an arbitration hearing through the Lemon Law Administration of the Attorney General`s Office. There will be no charge for the arbitration process. At the hearing, the arbitrator will decide whether a consumer`s claim meets the requirements under the law and can distribute liability for repurchase or replacement between the motor home`s final stage, chassis and component manufacturers.
The information on this page is meant to provide a general overview of the law. The laws in your state and/or city may deviate significantly from those described here. If you have specific questions related to your situation you should speak with a local attorney.
Additional Lemon Law Articles
- What Vehicles Are Covered Under The Lemon Law?
- What Vehicles Are Not Covered Under Lemon Law?
- What Is A Lemon?
- What Is The Warranty Period?
- I Have A Lemon. What Should I Do?
- What Information Needs To Be Included On The Request For Arbitration Form?
- What Is An Arbitration Hearing?
- Scheduling An Arbitration Hearing
- Who Will Attend The Arbitration Hearing?
- What Must I Prove At The Arbitration Hearing?
- What Records Do I Need For Arbitration?
- How Can I Get Missing Documents?
- Do I Need An Attorney?
- What Happens After I Request An Arbitration Hearing?
- What Is The Manufacturer's Statement?
- What Is The Manufacturer's Right To View The Vehicle?
- What If My Claim Is Resolved Before The Hearing?
- When Does The Arbitration Decision Take Place?
- Replacement Or Repurchase?
- What If I Am Awarded A Replacement?
- What If I Am Awarded A Repurchase?
- What Is An Offset For Use?
- What Is Compliance And What Am I Required To Do When Returning The Vehicle?
- Where Can I Get More Information About The Lemon Law And Obtain Request For Arbitration Forms?
- Where Can I Get Lemon Law Arbitration Videos And Tapes?