What Will Happen At The Hearing?
Next, the manufacturer`s case is presented. They may bring witnesses or documents to try to show one of three things:
- there is no defect at all;
- the defect is minor and does not substantially impair the vehicle`s use or market value;
- the defect was caused by owner neglect or some other factor.
Be sure to take notes as the manufacturer presents the case so you can then ask specific questions about testimony or documents.
After all the evidence is received, the hearing recesses for a vehicle inspection and test drive. The ALJ may decide to conduct the inspection and test drive after you present your case, and will explain the procedures. At the hearing`s conclusion, each party summarizes the evidence presented and argues for a specific result.
Speak to an Experienced Lemon Law Attorney Today
This article is intended to be helpful and informative. But even common legal matters can become complex and stressful. A qualified lemon lawyer can address your particular legal needs, explain the law, and represent you in court. Take the first step now and contact a local lemon attorney to discuss your specific legal situation.
Additional Lemon Law Articles
- What Is The Lemon Law?
- Is There Any Relief Available To Purchasers Of Used Cars?
- What Vehicles Are Covered Under The Lemon Law?
- What Vehicles Are Not Covered Under The Lemon Law?
- How Do I Know If My Vehicle Is A Lemon?
- How Many Chances Does The Dealer Get To Fix The Vehicle?
- How Long Do I Have To File A Complaint?
- I Think I Have A Lemon. What Doi Do?
- How Do I File A Complaint?
- Can My Complaint Be Resolved Quickly?
- What Is A Lemon Law Hearing?
- How Should I Prepare For The Hearing?
- How Do I Prove My Case?
- Who Is Involved In The Hearing?
- What Happens If I Win?
- What If I'm Not Satisfied?
- What Are My Other Options?
- Where Can I Get More Information?