What Is A Lemon Law Hearing?
Presenting a case to the ALJ is somewhat like appearing before a judge of a smallclaims court. There are certain legal procedures that a judge must follow. The ALJ will relax the rules as much as possible, but the process is subject to the Texas Administrative Procedure Act, the Texas Rules of Civil Procedure and the Texas Rules of Evidence.
When a hearing is needed, TxDOT`s goal is to hold it and issue a decision within 150 days after receiving the complaint and filing fee. If the 150day period expires without a decision, the consumer has the right to use the Lemon Law in court as though the Lemon Law process were complete.
Speak to an Experienced Lemon Law Attorney Today
This article is intended to be helpful and informative. But even common legal matters can become complex and stressful. A qualified lemon lawyer can address your particular legal needs, explain the law, and represent you in court. Take the first step now and contact a local lemon attorney to discuss your specific legal situation.
Additional Lemon Law Articles
- What Is The Lemon Law?
- Is There Any Relief Available To Purchasers Of Used Cars?
- What Vehicles Are Covered Under The Lemon Law?
- What Vehicles Are Not Covered Under The Lemon Law?
- How Do I Know If My Vehicle Is A Lemon?
- How Many Chances Does The Dealer Get To Fix The Vehicle?
- How Long Do I Have To File A Complaint?
- I Think I Have A Lemon. What Doi Do?
- How Do I File A Complaint?
- Can My Complaint Be Resolved Quickly?
- How Should I Prepare For The Hearing?
- How Do I Prove My Case?
- Who Is Involved In The Hearing?
- What Will Happen At The Hearing?
- What Happens If I Win?
- What If I'm Not Satisfied?
- What Are My Other Options?
- Where Can I Get More Information?