What Happens If I Win?
If you win your case, the judge will order one of the following:
- The manufacturer must buy back the vehicle for the full purchase price, including taxes, title and license fee, minus an amount charged for the use of the vehicle. The amount deducted is decided according to a formula that takes into account the number of miles on the vehicle at the time of the hearing and other factors.
- he manufacturer must replace the defective vehicle with one that is comparable to your original vehicle, usually same make, model and accessories, that is acceptable to you, minus the mileage used.
- The manufacturer must fix the vehicle`s defects. Also, outofpocket expenses for repairs that should have been covered by the warranty will be reimbursed.
Reimbursement of incidental expenses
Incidental expenses are awarded only if the vehicle is ordered to be repurchased or replaced. They include the costs of towing, rental cars, lodging and meals if the vehicle broke down while out of town, and telephone calls and postage spent trying to get the vehicle repaired.
Speak to an Experienced Lemon Law Attorney Today
This article is intended to be helpful and informative. But even common legal matters can become complex and stressful. A qualified lemon lawyer can address your particular legal needs, explain the law, and represent you in court. Take the first step now and contact a local lemon attorney to discuss your specific legal situation.
Additional Lemon Law Articles
- What Is The Lemon Law?
- Is There Any Relief Available To Purchasers Of Used Cars?
- What Vehicles Are Covered Under The Lemon Law?
- What Vehicles Are Not Covered Under The Lemon Law?
- How Do I Know If My Vehicle Is A Lemon?
- How Many Chances Does The Dealer Get To Fix The Vehicle?
- How Long Do I Have To File A Complaint?
- I Think I Have A Lemon. What Doi Do?
- How Do I File A Complaint?
- Can My Complaint Be Resolved Quickly?
- What Is A Lemon Law Hearing?
- How Should I Prepare For The Hearing?
- How Do I Prove My Case?
- Who Is Involved In The Hearing?
- What Will Happen At The Hearing?
- What If I'm Not Satisfied?
- What Are My Other Options?
- Where Can I Get More Information?