How Should I Prepare For The Hearing?
- Collect your documents. For example, your sales contract, warranty booklet, work orders or repair tickets, and letters to or from the dealer or manufacturer. Bring three copies of all documents to the hearing.
- Arrange the work orders by date. Put the oldest work order first and complete the warranty repair log. Be prepared to support the log entries with your testimony or notes, or with testimony of witnesses.
- Complete the List of Agreed Facts form in advance to save time at the hearing.
- Arrange for witnesses to appear at the hearing because notarized statements generally are not allowed. If you have friends who have witnessed the vehicle`s problems, ask them to testify at the hearing. You may also subpoena witnesses. Make sure your witnesses know when and where to appear, and tell them it may take most of the morning or afternoon.
- Make sure the vehicle is ready to be inspected and testdriven at the hearing, including having current registration and state inspection. For example, if the complaint is a severe vibration, make sure the tires are not worn out and that they are properly aligned and balanced. Be sure your vehicle has had the required maintenance and bring records to prove it.
The information on this page is meant to provide a general overview of the law. The laws in your state and/or city may deviate significantly from those described here. If you have specific questions related to your situation you should speak with a local attorney.
Additional Lemon Law Articles
- What Is The Lemon Law?
- Is There Any Relief Available To Purchasers Of Used Cars?
- What Vehicles Are Covered Under The Lemon Law?
- What Vehicles Are Not Covered Under The Lemon Law?
- How Do I Know If My Vehicle Is A Lemon?
- How Many Chances Does The Dealer Get To Fix The Vehicle?
- How Long Do I Have To File A Complaint?
- I Think I Have A Lemon. What Doi Do?
- How Do I File A Complaint?
- Can My Complaint Be Resolved Quickly?
- What Is A Lemon Law Hearing?
- How Do I Prove My Case?
- Who Is Involved In The Hearing?
- What Will Happen At The Hearing?
- What Happens If I Win?
- What If I'm Not Satisfied?
- What Are My Other Options?
- Where Can I Get More Information?