- Collect your documents. For example, your sales contract, warranty booklet, work orders or repair tickets, and letters to or from the dealer or manufacturer. Bring three copies of all documents to the hearing.
- Arrange the work orders by date. Put the oldest work order first and complete the warranty repair log. Be prepared to support the log entries with your testimony or notes, or with testimony of witnesses.
- Complete the List of Agreed Facts form in advance to save time at the hearing.
- Arrange for witnesses to appear at the hearing because notarized statements generally are not allowed. If you have friends who have witnessed the vehicle`s problems, ask them to testify at the hearing. You may also subpoena witnesses. Make sure your witnesses know when and where to appear, and tell them it may take most of the morning or afternoon.
- Make sure the vehicle is ready to be inspected and testdriven at the hearing, including having current registration and state inspection. For example, if the complaint is a severe vibration, make sure the tires are not worn out and that they are properly aligned and balanced. Be sure your vehicle has had the required maintenance and bring records to prove it.
Speak to an Experienced Lemon Law Attorney Today
This article is intended to be helpful and informative. But even common legal matters can become complex and stressful. A qualified lemon lawyer can address your particular legal needs, explain the law, and represent you in court. Take the first step now and contact a local lemon attorney to discuss your specific legal situation.