How Long Do I Have To File A Complaint?
- expiration of the express warranty term;
- 24 months; or
- 24,000 miles following the date of delivery of the vehicle (except TRVs)
The filing period is determined by which of the above events comes first. To be safe, file your complaint as soon as you realize the dealer is having problems repairing the vehicle.
Even if you have gone past the time limit allowed for a repurchase, the Motor Vehicle Board may still be able to help you get repairs under your vehicle warranty.
Speak to an Experienced Lemon Law Attorney Today
This article is intended to be helpful and informative. But even common legal matters can become complex and stressful. A qualified lemon lawyer can address your particular legal needs, explain the law, and represent you in court. Take the first step now and contact a local lemon attorney to discuss your specific legal situation.
Additional Lemon Law Articles
- What Is The Lemon Law?
- Is There Any Relief Available To Purchasers Of Used Cars?
- What Vehicles Are Covered Under The Lemon Law?
- What Vehicles Are Not Covered Under The Lemon Law?
- How Do I Know If My Vehicle Is A Lemon?
- How Many Chances Does The Dealer Get To Fix The Vehicle?
- I Think I Have A Lemon. What Doi Do?
- How Do I File A Complaint?
- Can My Complaint Be Resolved Quickly?
- What Is A Lemon Law Hearing?
- How Should I Prepare For The Hearing?
- How Do I Prove My Case?
- Who Is Involved In The Hearing?
- What Will Happen At The Hearing?
- What Happens If I Win?
- What If I'm Not Satisfied?
- What Are My Other Options?
- Where Can I Get More Information?