Can My Complaint Be Resolved Quickly?
If the vehicle is not repaired, TxDOT may send a technical expert to meet with you and representatives for the dealer and the manufacturer. At the meeting, TxDOT`s expert will help settle the dispute, if possible. In many cases, the complaint is resolved at this stage, within 30 to 60 days after the complaint was filed.
If the complaint is not settled, a hearing will be necessary.
The information on this page is meant to provide a general overview of the law. The laws in your state and/or city may deviate significantly from those described here. If you have specific questions related to your situation you should speak with a local attorney.
Additional Lemon Law Articles
- What Is The Lemon Law?
- Is There Any Relief Available To Purchasers Of Used Cars?
- What Vehicles Are Covered Under The Lemon Law?
- What Vehicles Are Not Covered Under The Lemon Law?
- How Do I Know If My Vehicle Is A Lemon?
- How Many Chances Does The Dealer Get To Fix The Vehicle?
- How Long Do I Have To File A Complaint?
- I Think I Have A Lemon. What Doi Do?
- How Do I File A Complaint?
- What Is A Lemon Law Hearing?
- How Should I Prepare For The Hearing?
- How Do I Prove My Case?
- Who Is Involved In The Hearing?
- What Will Happen At The Hearing?
- What Happens If I Win?
- What If I'm Not Satisfied?
- What Are My Other Options?
- Where Can I Get More Information?