Where Can I Get More Information About The Lemon Law?
2801 Devine Street
Columbia, SC 29205
8037349452 or 8009221594 (instate only)
South Carolina State Bar Association
Lawyer Referral Service
8008682284 (statewide) or 8037997100
Center for Auto Safety (CAS)
2001 S Street NW
Washington DC 200091160
CAS is a non profit consumer group specializing in auto issues. They can help you find out about safety recalls, Lemon Law, secret warranties, and other general information.
Car Talk Car Reports:
You might want to run a Car Talk Car Report (http://cartalk.cars.com/Tools/carreport.pl) on your car, to see if there have been any recalls, Technical Service Bulletins, or a large number of complaints on file relating to your particular problem.
National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA)
400 Seventh Street SW, Washington, DC 20590
Auto Safety Hotline: 8004249393
NHTSA can give you information on the safety recall history of your vehicle.
The information on this page is meant to provide a general overview of the law. The laws in your state and/or city may deviate significantly from those described here. If you have specific questions related to your situation you should speak with a local attorney.
Additional Lemon Law Articles
- How Does The South Carolina Lemon Law Define A Lemon?
- What Defects Are Not Covered Under The Lemon Law?
- Does South Carolina Have A Used Car Lemon Law?
- If I Discover A Defect What Do I Need To Do?
- What Happens If The Manufacturer Is Unable To Repair The Defect?
- What Do I Need To Do To Get A Refund Or Replacement Vehicle?
- How Should I Prepare For Mediation?
- What Can I Do If I Am Not Satisfied With The Mediation Decision?
- If My Vehicle Is Not Covered Under The Lemon Law, Do I Still Have Any Recourse?