What Are The Responsibilities Of The Manufacturer And The Dealer?
IMPORTANT: If this vehicle is defective, you may be entitled under state law to a replacement or to compensation.
Dealers are required to give you a fully itemized, written work order each time you take your vehicle in for repairs or services even if the work is paid for under the manufacturer`s warranty. Work orders must list all the work performed, what parts were used, and the cost for parts and labor.
The information on this page is meant to provide a general overview of the law. The laws in your state and/or city may deviate significantly from those described here. If you have specific questions related to your situation you should speak with a local attorney.
Additional Lemon Law Articles
- What Is The Lemon Law?
- What Vehicles Are Covered Under The Lemon Law?
- What Is A Lemon?
- Has The Manufacturer Had A Reasonable Opportunity To Repair The Vehicle?
- Will The Manufacturer Refund The Full Purchase Price Of The Vehicle?
- What Is Arbitration?
- Should I Take My Case To Court?
- Is There Protection For Used Car Buyers?
- Do I Have The Same Protection As A New Car Buyer?
- How Can I Protect Myself?
- Where Can I Get More Information?