What Vehicles Are Covered Under The Lemon Law?
The following table summarizes what is covered, how many times the vehicle has to be repaired for the same defect and the warranty period.
|Vehicles Covered||Repair Interval and Coverage Period|
|Any 4wheel motor vehicle with a gross weight not exceeding 9,000 pounds. Also includes off highway recreational vehicles, mopeds and motorcycles.||3 repair attempts or 30 business days out of service|
|Warranty period *plus* 1 year.|
The information on this page is meant to provide a general overview of the law. The laws in your state and/or city may deviate significantly from those described here. If you have specific questions related to your situation you should speak with a local attorney.
Additional Lemon Law Articles
- What Is The Lemon Law And How Does It Work?
- Under What Conditions Is A Vehicle Considered A Lemon?
- How Do I Qualify For Arbitration Under The Lemon Law?
- How Does The Manufacturers' Warranty Factor Into The Lemon Law Equation?
- Who Can I Contact If I Have A Problem?