What Vehicles Are Covered Under The Lemon Law?
The statute applies to motor vehicles purchased by consumers as new which were sold in Nebraska.*
*The terms new and used motor vehicles are defined in Neb. Rev. Stat. §601401.02.
The following table summarizes what is covered, how many times the vehicle has to be repaired for the same defect and the warranty period.
|Vehicles Covered||Repair Interval and Coverage Period|
|A new motor vehicle normally used for personal, family, household, or business purposes, excluding motor homes.||4 repair attempts or 40 days out of service.|
|Warranty period or 1 year.|
The information on this page is meant to provide a general overview of the law. The laws in your state and/or city may deviate significantly from those described here. If you have specific questions related to your situation you should speak with a local attorney.
Additional Lemon Law Articles
- What Is A Lemon?
- What Vehicles Are Not Covered By The Lemon Law?
- Who Is A Consumer Under The Lemon Law?
- What Is An Express Warranty?
- Under What Conditions Can A Consumer Use The Lemon Law?
- What Information Should Be Included In The Written Notice?
- What Are The Time Limots For A Consumer To Take Action Under The Lemon Law?
- What Happens After A Consumer Sends Written Notice Of The Problem By Certified Mail To The Manufacturer?
- Where Can I Get More Information About The Lemon Law?