Where Can I Get More Information About The Lemon Law?
Department of Commerce
1424 9th Avenue
P.O. Box 200501
Helena, MT 596200501
Montana Lawyer Referral Service
The Lawyer Referral Service is part of the Montana Bar Association.
Center for Auto Safety (CAS)
2001 S Street NW
Washington DC 200091160
CAS is a non profit consumer group specializing in auto issues. They can help you find out about safety recalls, Lemon Law, secret warranties, and other general information.
Car Talk Car Reports:
You might want to run a Car Talk Car Report (http://cartalk.cars.com/Tools/carreport.pl) on your car, to see if there have been any recalls, Technical Service Bulletins, or a large number of complaints on file relating to your particular problem.
National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA)
400 Seventh Street SW, Washington, DC 20590
Auto Safety Hotline: 8004249393
NHTSA can give you information on the safety recall history of your vehicle.
The information on this page is meant to provide a general overview of the law. The laws in your state and/or city may deviate significantly from those described here. If you have specific questions related to your situation you should speak with a local attorney.
Additional Lemon Law Articles
- What Is Montana's Lemon Law?
- What Vehicles Are Covered Under The Lemon Law?
- What Vehicles Are Not Covered?
- What Should I Know About The Warranty Period?
- What Should I Do After Three Repair Attempts On The Same Problem?
- What Are My Rights If The Manufacturer Fails To Fix My Vehicle?
- How Do I Prove I Have A Lemon?
- How Do I Obtain A Refund Or Replacement?