What Are My Responsibilities As The Vehicle Owner?
- The vehicle has been in the repair shop for the same problem four or more times and the problem still exists; or
- The vehicle has been out of service because of a warranty repair for 30 or more working days since delivery, excluding delays that are beyond the manufacturer`s control.
If the problem cannot be fixed in a reasonable number of repair attempts the manufacturer can offer you a cash refund or a vehicle of comparable value.
Under the law, dealerships can deduct a reasonable allowance for the consumer`s use of the vehicle from the refund. The law also stipulates that a replacement vehicle must be acceptable to the consumer.
The information on this page is meant to provide a general overview of the law. The laws in your state and/or city may deviate significantly from those described here. If you have specific questions related to your situation you should speak with a local attorney.
Additional Lemon Law Articles
- What Is The Missouri New Vehicle Warranty Law?
- What Vehicles Are Covered Under The Lemon Law?
- Under What Conditions Would I Qualify For A Refund?
- How Can I Best Avoid Problems?
- Where Can I Get More Information About The Lemon Law?