How Much Of A Refund Am I Entitled To?
In either case your refund will be reduced by a reasonable allowance for use. For 2000, the use allowance is $.108 per mile or 10% of the purchase price, whichever is less.
Note: You may keep your vehicle until you have been given a refund or an acceptable replacement vehicle. However, miles driven during this time will be included when calculating the reasonable allowance for use.
Cost Reimbursement. If the manufacturer issues a refund, you will be reimbursed for the following costs:
(1) The total purchase price (total price before you subtracted any rebates or deposits or your tradein allowance) or, if a leased vehicle, the lease payments made to date; included in the full purchase price are the costs of all dealer added options or services (e.g., radio, air conditioning);
(2) collateral charges, including, sales tax, license and registration fees;
(3) costs incurred by you for towing and storage of the vehicle and for procuring alternative transportation while the vehicle was out of service by reason of repair, or was undriveable;
(4) Reasonable expert witness fees
Refund/Replacement Costs Not Recoverable. The following are not reimbursable as the result of a favorable Lemon Law arbitration decision:
(1) attorney`s fees;
(2) time lost from work;
(3) other consequential damages.
The information on this page is meant to provide a general overview of the law. The laws in your state and/or city may deviate significantly from those described here. If you have specific questions related to your situation you should speak with a local attorney.
Additional Lemon Law Articles
- What Is The Maine Lemon Law?
- What Vehicles Are Covered Under The Lemon Law?
- What Problems Are Not Covered By The Lemon Law?
- What Is The Lemon Law Term Of Protection?
- What Is Considered A Substantial Impairment?
- How Many Repair Attempts Must Be Made Before Your Vehicle Is Considered A Lemon?
- What Is The Final Opportunity To Repair Requirement?
- How Can I Prove My Vehicle Is A Lemon?
- Am I Only Entitled To A Replacement Vehicle?
- How Do I File A Lemon Law Complaint?
- What Is Lemon Law Arbitration?
- Where Can I Get More Information?