Where Can I Get More Information About The Lemon Law?
Consumer Protection Division
301 SW 10th Avenue
Topeka, KS 666121597
Consumer Hotline: 8004322310 (MF 8 a.m. 5 p.m.)
Center for Auto Safety (CAS)
2001 S Street NW
Washington DC 200091160
CAS is a non profit consumer group specializing in auto issues. They can help you find out about safety recalls, Lemon Law, secret warranties, and other general information.
Car Talk Car Reports:
You might want to run a Car Talk Car Report (http://cartalk.cars.com/Tools/carreport.pl) on your car, to see if there have been any recalls, Technical Service Bulletins, or a large number of complaints on file relating to your particular problem.
National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA)
400 Seventh Street SW, Washington, DC 20590
Auto Safety Hotline: 8004249393
NHTSA can give you information on the safety recall history of your vehicle.
The information on this page is meant to provide a general overview of the law. The laws in your state and/or city may deviate significantly from those described here. If you have specific questions related to your situation you should speak with a local attorney.
Additional Lemon Law Articles
- What Is The Purpose Of The Lemon Law?
- What Vehicles Are Covered Under The Lemon Law?
- How Do I Protect Myself Under The Lemon Law?
- What Is The Manufacturer's Responsibility To Repair, Refund Or Replace?
- What Are My Responsibilities As A Consumer?
- I Think I Qualify For A Vehicle Refund Or Replacement. What Do I Do Next?