What Are My Responsibilities As A Consumer?
Notify the manufacturer or authorized dealer of the problem during the warranty period or during the year following delivery of the vehicle, whichever is the earlier date.
If the manufacturer has an informal dispute settlement program, and most do, the consumer must first attempt to resolve the complaint through this program.
If the consumer is still dissatisfied after taking these steps, he or she should contact an attorney or file a complaint with the Attorney General`s Office.
The information on this page is meant to provide a general overview of the law. The laws in your state and/or city may deviate significantly from those described here. If you have specific questions related to your situation you should speak with a local attorney.
Additional Lemon Law Articles
- What Is The Purpose Of The Lemon Law?
- What Vehicles Are Covered Under The Lemon Law?
- How Do I Protect Myself Under The Lemon Law?
- What Is The Manufacturer's Responsibility To Repair, Refund Or Replace?
- I Think I Qualify For A Vehicle Refund Or Replacement. What Do I Do Next?
- Where Can I Get More Information About The Lemon Law?