How Do I Protect Myself Under The Lemon Law?
- Read and understand the warranty BEFORE the sale/lease. Make sure you know exactly what is covered and for how long.
- Before taking delivery of your new vehicle, inspect it. If any problems are noticed, refuse delivery until they are corrected.
- Read, understand and follow maintenance requirements in the owner`s manual.
- Keep records of all car maintenance to prove, if necessary, the defect was not caused by your abuse or negligence.
- If problems develop, contact the dealer as soon as possible.
- Keep a record of the date and nature of all repairs made to your car. Be sure to obtain a copy of the service order from the dealer stating exactly what repairs were made to your vehicle.
- Keep a record of all contacts made to the dealer or manufacturer. Keep copies of all letters and records of all telephone calls. This may later help prove what was said and may also avoid misunderstandings.
Speak to an Experienced Lemon Law Attorney Today
This article is intended to be helpful and informative. But even common legal matters can become complex and stressful. A qualified lemon lawyer can address your particular legal needs, explain the law, and represent you in court. Take the first step now and contact a local lemon attorney to discuss your specific legal situation.
Additional Lemon Law Articles
- What Is The Purpose Of The Lemon Law?
- What Vehicles Are Covered Under The Lemon Law?
- What Is The Manufacturer's Responsibility To Repair, Refund Or Replace?
- What Are My Responsibilities As A Consumer?
- I Think I Qualify For A Vehicle Refund Or Replacement. What Do I Do Next?
- Where Can I Get More Information About The Lemon Law?