What Are The Possible Outcomes?
In your refund, the manufacturer is entitled to deduct a reasonable allowance for vehicle use, usually computed based on the number of miles driven before the first report of the defect, as well as a reasonable allowance for damage not attributable to normal wear and tear (this would not include damage resulting from the said defect). After this deduction, you are entitled to receive the refund of the purchase price as well as any incidental costs, all credits and allowances for any tradein vehicle, and other charges and fees.
If the following conditions prevail, you are not eligible for legal remedy under the Lemon Law:
- The manufacturer proves that it has not had a reasonable opportunity to repair your car. For example, they prove that the number of repair attempts was not reasonable because you did not follow the terms of the warranty or some event (such as a labor strike, war, or natural disaster) prevented timely repairs.
- If the manufacturer proves that no problem exists or that the problem does not substantially impair the vehicle`s use, value, or safety.
- If the defect was the result of abuse, neglect, unauthorized alterations or modifications, or an accident.
Speak to an Experienced Lemon Law Attorney Today
This article is intended to be helpful and informative. But even common legal matters can become complex and stressful. A qualified lemon lawyer can address your particular legal needs, explain the law, and represent you in court. Take the first step now and contact a local lemon attorney to discuss your specific legal situation.
Additional Lemon Law Articles
- What Vehicles Are Covered Under The Lemon Law?
- What Vehicles Are Not Covered?
- What Is The Lemon Law Term Of Protection?
- What Types Of Defects Are Covered?
- What Do I Need To Do Before I Can Claim That My Car Is A Lemon?
- What If My Problem Does Not Fit The Requirements Of My State's Lemon Law?
- What Are My Options For Action Under The Lemon Law?
- Does The Manufacturer Have To Tell Potential Purchasers Of The Car That It Was Deemed A Lemon?
- Does The State Of Georgia Have A Used Car Lemon Law?
- Where Can I Get More Information About The Lemon Law?