What Vehicles Are Covered Under The Lemon Law?
The law does not cover motorcycles and the living facilities of motor homes.
The following table summarizes what is covered, how many times the vehicle has to be repaired for the same defect and the warranty period.
|Vehicles Covered||Repair Interval and Coverage Period|
|Passenger motor vehicles. Does not include motor homes (other than the chassis) or motorcycles.||4 repair attempts or 30 business days out of service.|
|Warranty period or 1 year.|
The information on this page is meant to provide a general overview of the law. The laws in your state and/or city may deviate significantly from those described here. If you have specific questions related to your situation you should speak with a local attorney.
Additional Lemon Law Articles
- What Is The Lemon Law Term Of Protection?
- What Types Of Defects Are Covered?
- What Do I Need To Do Before I Can Claim That My Car Is A Lemon?
- What If My Problem Does Not Fit The Requirements Of My State's Lemon Law?
- What Are My Options For Action Under The Lemon Law?
- What Are The Possible Outcomes?
- Does The Manufacturer Have To Tell Potential Purchasers Of The Car That It Was Deemed A Lemon?
- Does The State Of Delaware Have A Used Car Lemon Law?
- Where Can I Get More Information About The Lemon Law?