Where Can I Get More Information?
Contact: Department of Consumer Affairs, Arbitration Review Program, 400 R. St. Sacramento, CA 95814
(916) 3233406 or (800) 9525210
Manufacturer`s or Dealer`s Failure to Honor the Warranty, Extended Warranty, or Service Contract
Contact: Manufacturer or dealer, by certified mail (check the owner`s manual for manufacturer`s address); Local Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV); Bureau of Investigations (check the white pages of your telephone book); New Motor Vehicle Board, 1507 21st St., Suite 330, Sacramento, CA 95814; Local county Consumer Affairs office (check the white pages of your telephone book)
Dissatisfaction with Nonwarranty Repairs or Dispute Over Repair Invoice
Contact: The Department of Consumer Affairs at (800) 9525210.
Fraud or Other Questionable Conduct
Contact: The New Motor Vehicle Board (see earlier reference); The DMV Bureau of Investigations (see earlier reference); the Local District Attorney`s Office; Office of the Attorney General, public Inquiry Unit, 1515 K. St. Sacramento, CA 95814. (916) 3223360 or (800) 9525225.
Register a Safety Complaint or Obtain Recall Information
Contact: National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, 400 Seventh St., S. W. Washington D. C. 20590
Auto Safety Hotline (8004249393)
Center for Auto Safety, 2001 S. St, N. W. Suite 420, Washington, D. C. 20009 (202) 3287700
California Lawyer Who Specializes in Lemon Law and Warranty Disputes
Check the white pages of your telephone book for your local county bar association lawyer referral service.
Other Lemon Law Information
Contact: Consumers for Auto Reliability and Safety (CARS), 1500 W. El Camino Ave. Suite 419, Sacramento, CA 958331945 (916) 7599440
Contact: State Department of Insurance, 770 L. St. Sacramento, CA 95814 (800) 9274357
The information on this page is meant to provide a general overview of the law. The laws in your state and/or city may deviate significantly from those described here. If you have specific questions related to your situation you should speak with a local attorney.
Additional Lemon Law Articles
- What Vehicles Are Covered Under The Lemon Law?
- Am I Required To Go Through Arbitration Before Pursuing A Lemon Law Claim?
- Am I Required To Notify The Vehicle Manufacturer And Give Them A Opportunity To Repair A Problem Before Pursuing A Lemon Law Cla
- Does The Lemon Law Apply To Vehicles That Are Older Than One Or Two Years?
- Does The Lemon Law Apply To Vehicle That Have In Excess Of 12,000 Miles, Or 12 Months?
- Is There A Specific Number Of Repair Attempts That Must Be Completed In Order To Have A Valid Lemon Law Claim?
- Does The Lemon Law Apply Only To Passenger Cars?
- Does The Lemon Law Apply To Vehicles That Are Purchased Used?
- Does The Lemon Law Apply To Minor Defects, Or Only Significant Defects?
- What Am I Entitled To Under The California Lemon Law?
- California Certified Arbitration Programs
- How Do I Prepare For Arbitration?
- What If My Problem Does Not Fit The Requirements Of My State's Lemon Law?