How Long Should The Repair Attempt Process Take?
Final repair attempt. Before you can file a claim under the Lemon Law, you must give the manufacturer one final chance to repair the defect. You must send a letter to the manufacturer (not the dealer) by certified mail, return receipt requested, stating that you may have a claim and that you are giving the manufacturer one last chance to repair the defect.
This letter should be mailed after the third unsuccessful repair attempt. Consult your owner`s manual for address information. Keep a photocopy of the letter for your records and your certified mail receipt as proof that the letter was received by the manufacturer.
After receiving your letter, the manufacturer has ten (10) calendar days to schedule a final repair attempt. If the manufacturer does not schedule the final repair attempt timely, or if the defect is not repaired within ten (10) days after the scheduled repair attempt, or you have a right to demand a replacement vehicle or a refund.
You must maintain a copy of your letter and the return receipt verification before you can file a claim under the Lemon Law.
Speak to an Experienced Lemon Law Attorney Today
This article is intended to be helpful and informative. But even common legal matters can become complex and stressful. A qualified lemon lawyer can address your particular legal needs, explain the law, and represent you in court. Take the first step now and contact a local lemon attorney to discuss your specific legal situation.
Additional Lemon Law Articles
- Who Is Covered Under The Lemon Law?
- What Vehicles Are Covered Under The Lemon Law?
- Under What Conditions Does The State Consider My Vehicle A Lemon?
- Getting Your Vehicle Repaired
- Who Pays For The Repairs?
- How Do I Get A Refund Or Replacement From The Manufacturer?
- How Can I Assert My Rights?
- Can The Manufacturer Resell Or Re-Lease A Lemon Vehicle?
- What Is The Law On Odometer Rollbacks?
- What If My Problem Does Not Fit The Requirements Of My State's Lemon Law?
- Where Can I Get More Information?