Are There Motor Vehicle Cases In ADR?

The court may refer any civil case involving ownership, maintenance or use of a private passenger motor vehicle to a private ADR provider, as long as the parties agree on the selection of a provider. The referral must be made within sixty days of the return date. The court may stay the case (suspend all judicial action) up to ninety days while the parties meet with the ADR provider.

The information on this page is meant to provide a general overview of the law. The laws in your state and/or city may deviate significantly from those described here. If you have specific questions related to your situation you should speak with a local attorney.

Additional Alternative Dispute Resolution Articles

Search LawInfo's Alternative Dispute Resolution Resources