What Is Adoption?
The information on this page is meant to provide a general overview of the law. The laws in your state and/or city may deviate significantly from those described here. If you have specific questions related to your situation you should speak with a local attorney.
Additional Adoption Articles
- Adoption Law
- Open or Closed Adoption: Which is Right for You?
- In what situations can an adult be adopted?
- What are the differences between adult adoptions and minor child adoptions?
- Adoption Law Overview
- Can prospective adopters seek legal compensation for a default adoption?
- What Is The Process Of Adoption? How Is It Started?
- What Happens During The Adoption Probationary Period?
- Do Prospective Adopters Need An Attorney?