Is Consent Of The Natural Parents Required?
No consent may be obtained until at least 48 hours after the birth of the child.
The information on this page is meant to provide a general overview of the law. The laws in your state and/or city may deviate significantly from those described here. If you have specific questions related to your situation you should speak with a local attorney.
Additional Adoption Articles
- Can A Consent Be Withdrawn?
- When Would Consent Of The Child Be Required?
- What Notification Is Required When A Child Is Placed For Adoption?
- When May An Application For Adoption Be Made?
- What Documentation Must Be Presented With An Application For Adoption?
- What Is The Effect Of An Adoption Order?
- Would A Person Be Able To Find His Natural Birth Parents Or Brothers Or Sisters?
- Can One Adopt An Adult Or Married Minor?