What are the Most Common Injuries on a Cruise Ship and When is the Cruise Ship Company Liable?
There are many different ways in which a passenger can get hurt on a cruise ship. Contagious diseases and food poisoning are common types of injuries due to the proximity of the passengers and the shared meals. Accidents also occur due to rough weather conditions or wet surfaces. These types of accidents can include everything from slip and fall accidents to drowning. Finally, passengers should be aware that certain crimes such as sexual assaults may be more difficult to investigate and therefore prosecute when they occur on a cruise ship. Passengers may have legal claims against the cruise ship if the cruise ship owners, operators or staff members were negligent in their responsibilities.
Speak to an Experienced Maritime Law Attorney Today
This article is intended to be helpful and informative. But even common legal matters can become complex and stressful. A qualified maritime lawyer can address your particular legal needs, explain the law, and represent you in court. Take the first step now and contact a local maritime attorney to discuss your specific legal situation.
Additional Maritime Law Articles
- Piracy Without the Plank: The Modern Definition of Piracy
- Are Finders Keepers Under the Sea? What You Need to Know About Finding Shipwrecked Treasures
- Will Pirates Pay a Price? Is Prosecution a Rule Threat for Today's Pirates?
- Hidden Stories of the Sea: Steps to Take When You Uncover a Shipwreck
- Maritime Law
- What is admiralty and maritime law?
- What are my rights if I'm injured while on a cruise?
- I was injured while working on a boat at sea. What are my rights?
- Is My Vessel Seaworthy?
- Who is Liable If I am Hurt on an Unseaworthy Vessel?
- What responsibilities do Maritime Employers Have to Keep Employees Safe?
- What is the CDC's Vessel Sanitation Program and How Does it Apply to Cruise Ships?
- What Happens When a Seaman Dies at Sea?
- What Laws Apply to the Safety of Offshore Oil and Gas Rig Workers?
- Commercial Fishing is One of the Most Dangerous Jobs in America: How does the Law Protect Workers and Their Families?
- I'm a commercial fisherman, what should I do if I'm hurt on the job?
- What Rights do Pier, Dock and Harbor Workers Have to a Safe Working Environment?
- How are Sexual Assaults on Cruise Ships Investigated and Prosecuted?
- Who is responsible if a maritime employee is hurt by an Act of God?
- What Damages are allowed for Injuries to Maritime Employees?
- What is a Longshoreman and how are a Longshoreman's rights protected?
- If I am hurt on a cruise, where will my lawsuit be heard?
- Do I need a visa to be a professional fisherman?
- How are crimes on the high sea prosecuted?
- What is poaching?
- What are the potential penalties for poaching?
- How are cruise ships that depart from U.S. ports regulated?